I love New Years. I always feel so hopeful. Like it's a new beginning. Leave all the things behind that didn't go so well last year, wipe the slate clean and start again.
I was looking over last year's resolutions and this year's will be about the same. I don't feel like that means I failed because I 've made progress or rethought most of them:
My Goals for 2014 were:
- Blog at least once a week and maybe more.
- Get those patterns on Ravelry. I have lots of good ideas like a bunting (or garland) a month pattern and a blankie a month pattern.
- I'd like to figure out Google +
- Continue growing my Etsy business.
- And that diet and Exercise.
1. I didn't blog once a week but I blame that on the whirlwind the year became after my son proposed to his girlfriend and we spent the first 7 months of the year preparing for and having a wedding.
So I still want to try and blog at least once every two weeks. Maybe that's a more reasonable time frame for me.
2. I still want to put patterns on Ravelry. I think I got two on there this year. Not bad, but I can do better.
3. I've decided I don't care about Google +. People were predicting it was going to be so big, but I don't think so. I'm concentrating my media output on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram now. Especially the last two as they are photography based.
4. My Etsy business grew quite a lot this year. I had almost 300 sales in 2014. I'd like to continue growing my business.
5. Sigh!! Diet and exercise. I lost some weight but gained it back over the holidays. This is still an important goal for me though.
6. I'm doing some creative things for me. I joined Lifebook 2015 which is doing mixed media art once a week. Hope I can keep up. Here's the link if anyone is interested in joining. Life Book 2015.
It's not free but the price is really reasonable and you can break it into three payments.
Those are my resolutions for the year. What's yours?