Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year, New Start, New Goals


Happy Holidays to everyone! And I hope they were as enjoyable as mine.

 I've been on a hiatus for a bit, having been blown about by the winds of change, Hurricane Sandy, and the Holidays, but  I'm finally ready to settle down and concentrate on my business and my blog.





At this time of year, I like to assess  the past year,  see what worked and what didn't, and set goals for the new year.

This past year:

I started really concentrating on my Etsy business and I had a lot more success than the previous year. I learned a LOT!  I took several online courses (April Bowle's "Blogging for you Creative Business" and "Artrepreneur" and a course on using social media by Jessica Van Den called "Crafty and Connected")  These courses were excellent and really made a difference in my business, blog and social media presence.  I need to work on Facebook some more.

I also accomplished a few personal milestones this year which were great.

So my goals for this year:
1.  Build on last year's success with Etsy and increase sales and do some real world craft shows.
2.  Concentrate on my blog.
3.  Figure out Facebook for my business
4.  Write some patterns and e-books and  figure out how that whole deal works.
5. And on a personal note, get back to exercising and lose some weight.

Seems like I've got plenty to work on and I've already started planning and making my Spring line of Baby things for Etsy.

What are your goals this year?  And what were your successes in 2012?






 

1 comment:

  1. Great goals. 2012 was a very tough year especially for you and our other friends in the midst of Hurricane Sandy. Still sending prayers for them.
    Thank you for the visit and I am now following via GFC.

    I hope to see you tomorrow at Let's Get Social Sunday where you can link up your blog and all your social sites to meet new friends and gain new followers.
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete

. Hi, glad you stopped by. Leave a comment and link to your blog so I can visit back