Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yarn Flowers and Stress Relief

The last few weeks have been rather stressful as my 14 year old started high school.  She had joined the marching band in the summer but once school started she quit because she felt it was too much with her 4 honors classes.  I'm torn because I don't want her to  be a "quitter" but I guess it's a good lesson to learn to walk away from something if it's not working.  ( Something I have trouble with).


Anyway when I'm stressed I crochet and for the last few weeks I've been making yarn flowers.  I'm working out of the books by Suzanne Thompson "Crochet Garden" and Crochet Bouquet"  These are wonderful books and even though the flowers look complicated, they really aren't and the results are beautiful!
 
White on white flower
Isn't this one lovely?  The bottom layer is a fuzzy creamy white yarn and the spirals are a bright white sport yarn.  I think I might use it to make baby Christening headbands for my Etsy shop.
 

 
                                                                                                                                                              This flower is much prettier than it looks here. The blue yarn has specks of brown in it and the brown button in the center just adds a finishing touch. I haven't actually sewn the button on yet but I will.
 
 

Orange and yellow flowers.
 
 
This flower is beautiful too. The bottom of it is an orange mohair with flecks of color like blue and green and I used yellow sport yarn for the spirals. (I really liked this pattern LOL. I have ideas for other color combos) I can't decide if I like the center to be the turquoise button or the fuzzy blue center. Which do you think is better?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I don't think you linked up on the Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop, but hopefully next time. There is no theme (like recipes), it's just a simple blog hop and I happened to post a recipe this time.

    I can see you make lots of pretty things. I think I like the button better to the fuzz. I have free photo editing tips on my blog 1camera1mom, if you're interested. I also just posted a short series called "Working Moms" on my mom blog Happy Moms, Happy Homes. You can find my links on all my blogs.

    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these flowers! Thanks for the visit over at A Geek In Glasses! Givin' you some love back by following you on Pinterest and Twitter! Have a great week. Steph

    ReplyDelete

. Hi, glad you stopped by. Leave a comment and link to your blog so I can visit back