Crockpot Ham and Bean Soup
It's a cold snowy day and I took the day off from my "real job" to work on my Etsy shop. (Don't worry, I have plenty of PTO time). They were predicting snow all week so I asked for the day off ahead of time because I hate driving in the snow .
Anyhoo, I made this soup this morning in the crockpot so I didn't have to worry about food the rest of the day. It's filling and warming. I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you.
- Turkey Ham (or regular ham if you prefer) diced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Two handfuls baby carrots
- 4 potatoes peeled and diced
- Can of pinto beans rinsed and drained
- Small Onion chopped
- Garlic salt - a couple of shakes
- Red pepper flakes - to taste (I like my a little spicy)
When nearly done turn crockpot back up to high and add 1/2 cup of small shells or ditalini and cook til tender ( about 15 mins).
Serve with cornbread or biscuits. YUM!
Stay tuned tomorrow to see the new items being added to my Etsy shop. (hint: dapper headgear)