Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pokemon GO - The Newest Craze

Pokémon Go is the hottest new App for I-phones and Androids.  Everywhere you go, you see people walking around, staring at there phones. 

"What are they doing?"
 "Playing Pokémon GO!"

The science behind Pokémon Go is pretty cool.  You download the free App on your phone and play a virtual reality version of the Pokémon game.  You walk around in real life, your avatar walks on the screen, and when a Pokemon is near the phone will vibrate to let you know.  Capture the Pokémon using the virtual Pokeball..  You can even take a picture of the Pokémon in your house or on the street with the camera on your phone before you capture it!  Fantastic fun!

It's a great game and gets people and families off their couches and out in the streets walking around, getting exercise, bonding. and discovering things they never knew existed in their town!

I just started playing this week, and even though I live in a small town, there seem to be a lot of Pokestops and Pokegyms in my area.  Some of the landmarks I had never seen before.  Most of the time Pokestops are businesses, landmarks, memorials or water towers. 


Here's a Rattata I "caught" while I was shopping at the grocery store.   He just appeared on my shopping cart!


If you don't know what I'm talking about or you do but can't figure out the game, then get my "Unofficial Guide to Pokemon Go available in my Etsy shop.  For less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can learn all about Pokémon, Pokestops, Pokegyms, Pokecoins, powering up, hatching eggs and much more.  Plus there's even a page of tips and cheats. 

I wanted to learn about this game so I could play with my grandkids but now I have fun playing it even without them!  (Just don't tell them, LOL).

Want to get in on the Fun?  Get My Unofficial Guide to Pokemon Go and impress your kids or grandkids.

 

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a smart phone so I can't play but it's definitely taken the country by storm. Some of my friends are putting it down, but I think it's great. If it's getting people out and interacting, and making them forget all the gloom and doom in the world then what's it hurting?

    ReplyDelete

. Hi, glad you stopped by. Leave a comment and link to your blog so I can visit back