5 ways Your Brick and Mortar Business can profit from Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go is the hottest app. It has been downloaded 21 million times and counting times since it became available. People everywhere are getting out their houses and into the business district to play it. If you are one of the lucky stores to be a Pokestop or near one you have just hit the jackpot! Not since the Gold Rush has there been such an opportunity for small businesses. Hundreds of people are walking past your store or maybe into it.
Here are 5 strategies for using Pokemon Go to increase sales:
1. Invite players into your store with signs saying things like “This is a Pokestop. What will you catch today? “ Offer players 10% off a purchase if they show you the proof they are playing Pokemon Go.
2. Set up phone recharging stations in your shop that are only for paying customers. (Pokemon Go uses up a lot of battery power) While they are charging up their phones they can order something to eat or drink. Again, offer some kind of discount. Pokemon Go players are walking all around trying to find the Pokemon so they get thirsty and hungry.
3. If you don’t sell food or drink, but sell other items you can offer a discount on purchases if the customer shows you they are playing the game.
4. Sell Pokemon merchandise. A new generation is learning about Pokemon and they’re going to want to buy toys, games, clothes , etc with Pokemon on them.
5. Some entrepreneurs are offering car services where they drive people around the area to the various Pokestops and Pokegyms for a fee. You would have to drive 25 – 30 miles an hour and pull over frequently so the customer could get the items or battle at the poke gym but it could be lucrative.
6. Bonus Idea : Sell portable phone chargers. Sales of those are rising rapidly because people want to be able to recharge their phones and keep playing.
Not sure what I’m talking about? Get the unofficial guide to Pokemon Go for less than a cup of coffee. Then start brainstorming how you can make this phenomena work for you!